Dine Inn will be hosting an inaugural event: Private Chef’s Table, in conjunction with the Singapore Food Festival. This 24-day Private Dining Marathon involves Celebrity Chef Eric Teo and 10 of Dine Inn’s best home chefs preparing an exciting line-up of exquisite cuisines in a dining experience filled with the warmth of home. It’s held daily from 5 July to 28 July 2019, 7pm to 10pm.
The venue, The Gathering Room, is centrally located at 115 King George’s Avenue #02-01 Singapore 208561. It’s a home environment with an open concept kitchen. Guests can interact with and get up close and personal with the home chefs, hear unique stories and even learn a cooking tip or two.
The talent line-up for Private Chef’s Table is specially curated by Celebrity Chef and Dine Inn Co-founder Eric Teo. Chef Eric Teo serves as a mentor to the home chefs, curating the menu and dishes to be presented during the event. There are two themes available: Modern Takes and Heritage Food. Modern Takes gives new meaning and character to old favourites, while Heritage Food consists of authentic recipes passed down from generations.
“The premise of Dine Inn and Private Chef’s Table is about bringing people together through their love for food. I believe that Singapore’s culinary gems are hidden from plain sight and in the kitchen of every home. Nothing beats the sincerity and attention to detail from our home chefs when they lovingly prepare a private dinner for you. I am honoured and proud to have mentored 10 of Dine Inn’s best home chefs and work alongside with them to let you savour home-cooked goodness with a 5-star dining experience,” said Chef Eric Teo.
Here’s the full calendar of events:
Modern Takes focuses on modern interpretations and unique twists in familiar local dishes. It pushes the boundaries of culinary evolution and breathes new life into our burgeoning dining scene.
1. Host Jo Ann and her mother Host Jane See are participating in the Private Chef’s Table event together. Host Jo Ann will be focusing on Modern Takes, and one of her specialties is Laksa-gne, a fusion of Singaporean and Western flavours. She even handmakes her own Lasagne sheets and Rempah! Her mother, Host Jane See will be focusing on Heritage food, and her specialty is Klang style Bak Kut Teh Ramen.
2. Power couple Host Janan Kwek and his fiancé, Sherry will be participating in this event together. Their specialty dish is Crab and Tiger Prawn Filled Ravioli in rich Umami Prawn Stock.
3. Chef Eric Teo will be opening the Modern Takes event on 19 July with dishes such as Pan Seared Barramundi served with Pumpkin Puree, Ginger Soyu Dressing, Baked Chili Crab Brioches, Sauteed Greens, and Ginger Infused Crustacean Milk with Crab Wantons.
Heritage Food brings back the tastes of yore through authentic recipes to tantalise the taste buds of the present. The home chefs stay true to their culinary roots and act as gatekeepers of carefully guarded recipes and time honoured culinary traditions.
1. Host Gary is a Fengshui Master by day and a Peranakan chef by night. Guests might even be able to learn some Fengshui tips from him through this event! Host Gary’s specialty dish would be his Bakwan Kepiting soup, which is boiled for 6 hours, with meatballs made from a trio of prawns, pork, and hand picked crab meat.
2. Another home chef keeping the fire burning would be Host Yun Hui with his specialty dish, Lor Bak Rice. Pork belly teased on low heat for maximum flavour, topped with a liquid centre miso-marinated egg, with Grandma’s chilli sauce by the side.
3. Celebrity Chef Eric Teo will be opening the Heritage Food event on 5 July with a line- up of specialty dishes from different Chinese dialect groups such as Hakka Grandma Fish Noodles, Hainan Slow Cooked Bird Nest, Teochew Heavenly King Braised Crab Meat, and more.
It’s not just about the food. To complete the culinary experience, participants of Private Chef’s Table will get the rare chance of making their own whiskey, unleashing the mixologist in them through cocktail workshops, and experiencing the finer things in life through wine and spirits appreciation. There will be guest appearances by Matthew Parry (above), Chivas Brand Ambassador, Rhyse Borland, Cocktail Brand Ambassador and Lucas Mulliez, Martell and Perrieri Jouet Brand Ambassador. What’s more? Every dish will be paired with either a whisky, cocktail, wine, or champagne!
Ticketing Information & Promo Code
• Apply special reader promo code “CATHERINE30” to get 30% off regular price (Usual Price: S$100 – S$140 Per Pax). Full disclosure: they are giving me $10 for each seat booked, so when you use my code, you will be feeding my children too!
• Promo code is not applicable for Chef Eric Teo’s events (S$400 Per Pax).
How to Book: Click on the “Book Now” link or go here
Location: 115 King George’s Avenue #02-01 Singapore 208561, enter through Rogers & Sons #01-01.
Enquiries: email email@example.com or call +65 6796 9340 during office hours
Terms & Conditions:
• Tickets are strictly non-refundable.
• Promo price is not applicable for Chef Eric Teo’s events ($400 Per Pax).
• For other Terms & Conditions, visit the website.
I am giving away two tickets to this megadelicious event!
All you have to do is share my Facebook or Instagram post, and tag a friend you’d like to bring. Browse the chefs here, then tell me which other menu you’d love to try.
Friday 28 Jun 2019 30 June 2019 (extended!)
One winner will be picked. I will announce the results the next day.
UPDATE: The winner is Valentine Low from Facebook. We have contacted her for prize collection logistics.
Happy DineInn marathoning!
Thanks to DineInn for sponsoring the contest tickets.