The biggest online shopping season is starting soon! Many shops have begun having their own 11.11 sale, and I already know people who have carts pre-filled with stuff ready to go.
Lower prices are one thing, but smarter shoppers will get cashback on top of that. I came across ShopBack from a friend’s recommendation two years ago. They aggregate cashback opportunities from over 500 online stores. If you’re using that, you should know about their ShopBack Browser Extension.
Here is what the Cashback Buddy is about:
– It serves as a notification if you happen to be browsing an online store that you can earn Cashback from ShopBack.
– Saves you from missing out on Cashback if you happen to forget doing a clickthrough from ShopBack (The extension will have pop-up appear and the Cashback button will start blinking to notify you.
– You can discover new stores that you never knew you can earn Cashback from.
– If you are doing a search for things online, for example, a product, you can even find out if there are stores you can earn Cashback from via the search engine. Like this:
– If you’re familiar with shopping on Taobao with ShopBack you’ll know that shopping on Taobao on ShopBack involves having to use the search bar on the ShopBack website for every product you would like to add to cart. And since Singles Day is around the corner, it also makes it easier for you to earn cashback as the search bar that users previously have to use in the ShopBack website is now embedded in the extension.
There’ll be more new features available in the future to help shoppers make smart shopping decisions.
I have it installed on my Chrome browser and it’s pretty useful in alerting me to the stores that offer cashback and how much I can get. The little red icon flashes with a green border when that alert happens.
Happy shopping and happy saving!