To be very honest, we are not big fans of oats. Yes, we know this popular superfood has numerous health benefits—which is why we should be eating it more—but oats can be pretty boring and we are sure we aren’t … Continue reading →
Read More for original article
To be very honest, we are not big fans of oats. Yes, we know this popular superfood has numerous health benefits—which is why we should be eating it more—but oats can be pretty boring and we are sure we aren’t the only ones who think this way.
We are the kind to always dismiss oats until a friend shared some recipes with us, and we thought, “alright, let’s give this a try.” And boy, were we glad we did, because who would have known that oats could be so fun!
Here, we share with you the recipes we tried with Quaker Oats – from enjoying it as a dessert to a pizza (I know right?). We promise you will never see oats in the same light again, and that it will be a lot easier to incorporate Quaker Oats into your diet from here onwards.
Oats is touted as one of the best superfoods and there are so many reasons why you eat oats. Oats are a natural source of many vitamins and minerals which helps to maintain good health. It is high in iron (for immunity) which helps your body create more white blood cells to fight against diseases.
Oats are also a good source of fibre which supports a healthy digestive system. Research has shown that oats are an effective way to help lower total blood cholesterol, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease.
You can enjoy Quaker oats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not only are Quaker’s oats products natural and functional with several long-term benefits, but it can also be used as the base to many nutritious meals.
Quakers is running a contest with some great prizes including Staycations, read more about it here.
Here is a recipe to get your creativity flowing:
SALTED CARAMEL OATS, APPLES N’ NUTS
2 tbsp Quaker Instant Oats
1 cup boiling water
½ cup Granny Smith Apple (diced)
2 tbsp almonds
1 tbsp caramel sauce
A dash of sea salt
¼ cup coconut milk or gata
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
¼ tsp vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. To prep the caramel sauce, place all ingredients (except the oats) into a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Add salt to taste.
2. Stir frequently and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir constantly. Simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside and cool.
4. In a serving bowl, pour hot water over oats. Let it cool down.
5. Top with apples and nuts then drizzle with caramel sauce. Add a dash of salt before serving.
Quaker oats can be customised to anyone’s needs and taste, be it through a bowl of oats, as an ingredient in a recipe or in a new format.
The range includes Quaker Instant Oats, Quaker Quick Cook and Quaker Rolled Oats.
Do you know you can also enjoy your Quaker oats as a savoury dish? We’ve got a simple recipe to share with you and we guarantee the little ones will love this!
OATS MUG PIZZA
8 tbsp Quaker Instant or Quick Cook Oats
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 egg white
2 tbsp tomato-based prepared paste or pizza sauce
½ tsp dried basil leaves
2 tbsp chopped/shredded buffalo mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped preservative-free sausages or ham
1. Blend oats, baking powder, salt, egg white, water and oil in a high-speed blender or food processor. Transfer to a microwavable wide mouth, shallow mug.
2. Mix pasta sauce and herbs, then spread evenly around the batter. Sprinkle on the cheese, then top with the sausage or ham.
3. Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes or until toppings are bubbling. Serve warm.
Easy, right? This can be a fuss-free quick meal for your kids too! Feel free to tweak the ingredients based on what they like.
We’ve got another recipe to share and this is for the coffee lovers. Yes! You can enjoy your coffee together with oats. Who would have thought?!
8 tbsp Quaker Quick Cook Oats
¼ cup brewed coffee
¾ cup nut milk (soy, almond, coconut, pili, hazelnut, or macadamia)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cacao nibs
½ tsp almond flakes
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
1. Brew coffee according to your desired taste and strength. Set aside.
2. In a microwavable bowl, add the oats, nut milk, brewed coffee, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Top with almond flakes and cacao nibs. Serve.
There is a contest happening now and Quaker is giving away SGD$9,000 worth of exciting prizes! The prizes include:
10 x Shangri-La Hotel 2D1N staycation with Breakfast & Dinner at the Line Buffet
50 x $100 Capitaland vouchers
To enter, all you have to do is:
1. Create your own dish using any Quaker product.
2. Take a picture of your dish with the Quaker product in the background.
3. Upload your image and recipe to SG Quaker Chef 2020.
*Contest closes on 20th Dec 2020 at 2359hrs. Terms & Conditions apply.
This post was brought to you by Quaker Oats.